Mrs Akua Kwakyewaa Antwi, a medical nurse at the Laurels of Walden Park, Ohio-USA has cautioned Ghanaians to take precautions against the dreaded coronavirus disease.
According to her, the disease is lethal and could harm the young and old.
Speaking to the Ghanaian Observer newspaper, the experienced nurse requested that Ghanaians stayed at home and take care of the young and old as well as pay heed to all the precautionary measures outlined by the Health Ministry.
She asked that while at home, people take serious the handwashing etiquette so that before and after touching things like knife and any thing steel they wash their hands properly.
Mrs Antwi, wife to Danny Antwi, NPP Columbus Chapter Secretary said coronavirus could be defeated when people exercised maximum restraint from hugging and touching as well as practicing social distancing measures.
We publish the full details of the guidelines as communicated to us by the US-based medical officer.
Guidelines to be saved from COVID 19
1. Listen and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.
2. If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work.
3. If your children are sick, keep them at home. Contact your medical provider.
4. If you’re an older person, or have serious underlying health condition, stay home and away from other people.
5. If someone in your household has tested positive, keep the entire household at home.
6. Work or study from home whenever possible.
7. Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
8. Maintain social distance for at least 6 feet
9. Avoid eating or drinking at bars and restaurants. Use pickup or delivery options.
10. Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
11. Always practice good hygiene.
a. Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
b. Avoid touching your face.
c. Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
d. Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
NOTE: EVEN IF YOU ARE YOUNG, OR OTHERWISE HEALTHY, YOU ARE AT RISK AND YOUR ACTIVITIES CAN INCREASE THE RISK FOR OTHERS. IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU DO YOUR PART TO SLOW THE SPREAD OF THE CORONA VIRUS(COVID 19)
By Akua Kwakyewaa Antwi
( Nurse at Laurels of Walden Park, Ohio, USA)