Fire has consumed an eight bedroom house at Tanoso in Kumasi in the early hours of Friday 19 January, 2018 destroying several items worth thousands of Ghana cedis.
Neighbors say they saw the fire at around 8am at Tanoso behind GPRTU office near the Brotherhood Church.
Speaking to newsmen, one of the affected tenants Osei Kofi Gabriel disclosed the fire started from a room opposite his.
“I was fast asleep when I heard my sisters shouting for me to wake up around 4am. By the time I woke up, the fire had consumed all the rooms opposite mine”, he confirmed.
He couldn’t explained the cause of the fire but was able to inform one of his friends who called fire service to help put out the fire.
According to him the affected tenants are doing everything to identify the cause of the fire in order to avoid future occurrences.