Newly recruited teachers are warming up to embark on a demonstration any moment soon. They had threatened to embark on a demonstration if nothing is done about their demands by today (4th June, 2019).
The teachers, who belong to the Association of Newly Recruited Teachers issued a press statement in which they complained that they are being treated with disdain. They say about 90% of their members have not been paid for about seven (7) months now. “Most of our members keep taking loans with huge interests from instant lenders” some say.
The statement was signed by President of the Association; Collins Nana Adjei and other Executives.
The teachers laid down the following demands which they would want their employers to consider at the negotiating table;
- “All newly recruited teachers without staff ID numbers should get it by Tuesday June 4, 2019.
- All newly recruited teachers including those in item 1 above should go through the biometric processes by 11th June, 2019.
- All newly recruited teachers should be validated and get paid in full at the end of the June 2019.
- All newly recruited teachers with issues of suspense account should be resolved by Tuesday June 4, 2019.
- All newly recruited teachers affected by issues of school management unit should be resolved by the same Tuesday 4th June 2019.
The Association’s leadership urged member to remain calm as they champion their interests. They also appealed to the government to as a matter of urgency respond to their demands.
What do you think about this piece? Share your comment in the comment thread and share the story using the social media buttons above. You may reach the editor on 0249579664. Thank you.