Ghana News–A US based Reverend Minister says the church is to blame for corruption.
Dr. Julius Pressey Jr. who delivered a lecture at the 4th UCIA awards on corruption stated that corruption is everywhere and not limited to Ghana. He however characterized corruption as “foolish behavior” and urged the church to challenge foolish behavior everywhere.
“Corruption is like a fool. Fools are everywhere and disruptive. They are being fools and don’t know they are fools. We are challenging foolish behavior everywhere”.
Dr. Pressey Jr. who was in Africa for the first time stated that as far as corruption is concerned, “the church has failed the people”. “Most churches are more concerned about prosperity, prophetic messages and the likes. We need to stop playing with God”, he said.
The awards this year was on the theme; “Recognising and resisting corruption in leadership”.
Bishop Dr. Aburam Anoff Snr. explained that the Global Achievers Awards is the United Clergy International Association’s way of encouraging hard work in society and will continue to expand to touch various facets of society.
In all, about 15 individuals and companies were honored for their impact on society. The awardees include:
- Hon Collins Owusu Amankwaah – Manhyiaa North MP
- Hon Samuel Ofosu Ampofo – Former Minister for Local Government & Rural Development
- Hon Paul Asare Ansah – Director General for Ghana Ports & Harbour Authority
- Hon Cecilia Abena Dapaah – Minister for Aviation
- Mr. Bernard Buachi – Broadcast Journalist
- Hon Joseph Yammin – Former Deputy Ashanti Regional Minister
- Bishop Dr. Robert Adotei Addo – Proprietor of Calvary Wisdom Academy
- Hon Bernard Antwi Boasiako – Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
- Apostle Dr Addo Agyekum – CEO of Tete Atenpong Herbal Center
- Mr. Asamoah Addo – Building Contractor
- Hon Victor Smith – Former Ambassador to UK & Ireland
- Mr. Henry Bright Ansah – Businessman
- Hon Hassan Ayariga – Flagbearer of All Peoples Congress (APC)
- Tete Atenpong Herbal Center
- Blue Skies company ltd
What do you think about this piece? Share your comment in the comment thread and share the story using the social media buttons above. Thank you.