A Non-Governmental Organization; Ambassador At Large Foundation has donated an undisclosed amount of money to the family of a 4 year-old girl who drunk poisonous ‘Soda’.
The mother of the girl and her other 2 kids were spotted sleeping under a tree at the hospital on Wednesday September 23, 2020 after she got stranded following the nurses strike.
According to the mother of the Victim, Madam Akua Cecilia “My daughter took the poisonous’Soda’ in 2016 when she was one year old. She was supposed to undergo for surgery in 2019 but due to financial challenges her situation is still the same”.
“Food and water cannot pass through her throat. My daughter is really suffering. Without the tube in her stomach, she can’t eat and drink” Madam Cecilia explained.
She added that “We are from Seikwa in the Bono Region. We came to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) on Tuesday September 22, 2020 to change her tube and get medical treatment for her. The doctor was able to changed her tube but due to the nurses strike, we couldn’t get treatment for her. We spent the night under this tree and we don’t have a place to go from here. We don’t even have money for food and transportation to Bono Region. Doctors need Ghc16000 for her surgery”.
Through donors after Facebook live, Ambassador At Large Foundation donated an amount of money to the family of the victim and secured a place for her to sleep.
The Vice President of Ambassador At Large Nana Akua appealed to the general public, organizations and NGOs to help save her life.
She however expressed her gratitude to the donors for supporting the woman and her daughter by securing a place for them to sleep and also providing money for the victim’s treatment.
“Ghc16000 is a huge amount of money but with the support of the general public, organizations and NGOs, the 4 year-old victim will surely survive”.